To understand the upkeep of hair, you must first understand the working of hair. Hair is meant to fall out. If it doesn’t, new hair would not grow. The hair growth cycle consists of four stages and each stage has a timeline of its own. The stages of hair growth have been the object of many studies so as to comprehend and, someday, remedy premature hair loss. Each stage has its own timeline but this timeline is affected by genetics, nutrition, age, and health. For this article, we would discuss the stages and timelines only in terms of scalp hair.
Stage 1- Anagen
This phase lasts 3 to 5 years making it the longest. This is the most important stage because it is during this time that the hair shaft or strand is pushed out of the hair follicle. The hair continues to grow out till it is cut or till it reaches the end of its natural life span. Almost all of the hair on your head at this time is in the anagen stage.
Stage 2 – Catagen
This phase lasts for 8 to 10 days. Here, the hair follicles begin to shrivel and hair growth is arrested. The hair stands also separate from the bottom of the hair follicle but it is still somewhat attached to your scalp. About 5% of your head hair is in this stage.
Stage 3 – Telogen
Hair growth has fully stopped during this stage but the hair shafts are still attached to your scalp. During this stage, new hair stands grow from the hair follicles.
Stage 4 – Exogen
This is the shedding phase or hair loss phase. The scalp loosens its hold on the old strands of hair while the newer stands take their place. Losing 50 to 100 strands of hair a day during this stage is normal. You could help this along by brushing or washing your hair often. Because this phase lasts about 2 to 5 months, you may have some hair thinning or other hair problems but these will usually correct themselves.
Regardless of which stage your hair is in right now, it is vital that you take care of your scalp, hair shafts, and hair follicles. Without care, you will experience hair thinning, hair loss, premature greying, stunted hair growth, and balding. There are several warning signals that you can watch out for; messages that your hair sending stating that something is amiss. Split-ends, dull hair, brittle hair, rough, dry, and frizzy hair, hair thinning and hair loss, and the absence of hair regrowth.
Supporting hair growth is a process that you can start from home.
- Firstly, you must stop bleaching it. You may like the color but bleach quite literally burns the hair shafts.
- Secondly, you must eat better. Certain foods rich in vitamins B and E, proteins and fiber have to become the mainstay in your everyday meals.
- Thirdly, too much care is a problem too. Trying out new shampoos, spas, oils, or conditioners may damage the hair from exposure to too many chemicals – cut back.
- Fourthly, hairstyling may look great but you should go easy on the straightening and curling if your wish to keep your hair healthy. Constant exposure to high heat, even with heat protectors, is not good for hair.
- Also, not many believe this to be true but if you are in the habit of tying your hair up in tight buns or ponytails, you could be forcing the hair to stand out of the follicles. Let your hair down more often or choose clips or hairbands instead.
- An easy way to improve hair health is the use of hair supplements. Such supplements are marketed as hair growth products, hair loss prevention pills, or hair regrowth potions. Whatever they may be called the purpose is the same. To keep the hair in the anagen phase healthy while encouraging the onset of the exogen phase of hair regrowth. Hair products are available aplenty which makes it difficult to choose the right ones.
Go natural – that is the way to go. There is a good chance that the damage to your hair was caused by chemicals or pollution. Your hair could do without anymore. Hair products with natural ingredients would do less damage even if they do no good. With so many hair loss supplements in the market, we decided to help you choose the better one for your hair. A hair loss treatment that uses essential vitamins, botanicals, and herbs, boosts hair volume and incites the growth phase is what you need.
So, here is a side-by-side comparison of two supplements that claim to do just this and a lot more. Let’s take a closer look at Nutrafol and Folexin.
Hair Growth Supplements Nutrafol and Folexin
From Nutraceutical Wellness Inc. comes Nutrafol. The company offers a range of dietary supplements for both men and women that deal with a variety of hair issues. Though there are separate lines of products for men and women (and yet another for post-menopausal women), the products are similar in terms of formula and purpose but the packaging and marketing vary. The product discussed here is Nutrafol Women – Hair Growth Nutraceutical. This dietary supplement is a capsule that must be taken to promote hair health. The product is targeted to correct hair problems caused by stress, diet, and lifestyle choices.
The recommended dosage is 4 pills a day and is a drug-free solution that claims to help with all hair types and work for most hair issues.
Folexin from Vita Balance Inc. is not part of a range but a singular supplement that works for both men and women. It includes natural ingredients like botanicals and vitamins to deal with hair loss, hair growth problems, and hair damage. The supplement is designed to fill in nutritional gaps that cause issues with hair. The product induces the body’s natural processes that incite hair regrowth. Folexin does not need a prescription and this may be the simple solution you are looking for, for good hair health.
All you have to do is take 2 capsules a day with food. Folexin goes the extra mile by a warning to take Folexin only one hour after taking any prescription medication as the ingredients it uses may stop your medication from working properly, you could even get in touch with a professional healthcare guide to check for concerns and clarify your doubt.
Also, just to be on the safe side, before you start the use of these or any other supplements, consult your doctor. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, avoid the use of supplements in general. If you must use them, do so only after a thorough consultation with your physician.
Nutrafol & Folexin: What Do These Hair Products Claim to Do?
Both hair loss supplements use clinically tested natural ingredients to help along the hair’s natural growth process. In addition to that, Nutrafol and Folexin also claim to do a lot more.
- Healthier & Shinier Hair
Because of constant exposure to the sun, chemicals, pollution, and dust, your hair loses its strength and shine. This shine can be restored only with the right kind of nutrition from within. Nutrafol and Folexin provide your hair and scalp with the essential nutrients required for healthy hair.
- Thicker and Stronger Hair
Thicker hair does not translate to more hair follicles sprouting on the scalp. It means that the hair loss is arrested while new hair strands grow. This gives your scalp a fuller look and with the right nourishment, the new hair growth is healthier.
- Faster Hair Growth
Once the nutritional gaps are addressed, hair growth happens a lot quicker. Many ingredients support hair growth and they have been included in these hair growth supplements.
- Stops Hair Loss
Hair loss is the result of weak follicles. Follicle damage is a result of oxidative stress, nutrient deficiency, and erratic blood flow. Nutrafol and Folexin address these issues which arrest hair fall and encourage follicle health.
- Better Sleep & Serenity from Nutrafol
Nutrafol includes the use of adaptogens like Ashwagandha. Along with other components the Nutrafol formula can help to regulate sleep patterns, encourage better quality sleep and induce a sense of calm.
- Skin & Nail Health from Folexin
The vitamin combinations used by Folexin will improve hair growth, of course, but they would also boost skin health and nail growth. This would mean that your appearance would improve on the whole.
One of the major concerns with a hair growth supplement is the unfounded belief that hair would begin to sprout from unlikely places. This is not a concern. Head hair health and growth are influenced by factors that in no way interact with facial, body, or pubic hair growth. Rest assured that the only improvements, thickness, and fullness you see would be found only on your scalp.
How Do Nutrafol & Folexin Support Hair & Follicle Health?
Every hair supplement would promise natural hair growth and hair health. However, most hair supplements do not deliver for a number of reasons. Many add processed ingredients or the active ingredients are too many, too few, or are not very high-quality ingredients. A dietary supplement is only as good as its formula.
Nutrafol and Folexin share a few ingredients but the biggest point of difference between the two is the ingredients. Nutrafol ingredients, as you will see below are more of the processed sort. The actual nutritional value for them is not much and vitamins and minerals that help hair are few. Folexin ingredients list is more vitamin and mineral-heavy. Even though you would see proprietary blends, Folexin has stated every component in the blend. Folexin is truly transparent about its formula.
Here is an in-depth look at the recipes these supplements use.
- Saw Palmetto has been used for hair matters but there is only limited research about its efficacy. It can effectively block DHT which may reduce hair loss.
- Horsetail Herb Extract is clinically tested to improve hair growth, and blood circulation in the scalp and reduce dandruff. It also improves the texture and elasticity of the hair strands.
- Zinc deficiencies are known to cause hair loss. Zinc supports hair growth, fortifies the follicles, and increases hair density.
- Vitamin A is needed for cell regeneration and growth and this includes hair cells. Vitamin A is needed for the production of sebum which moisturizes the scalp and keeps hair healthy.
- Vitamin C is key for keeping dandruff away and preventing hair loss. It also maintains the natural tint of the hair and stops hair from breaking.
- Vitamin D is closely linked with the autoimmune disease alopecia – uncontrolled hair loss. Vitamin D stimulates both old and new hair follicles, keeping them free from oxidative stress and nourished.
- Vitamin B7 or Biotin is closely linked to hair, nail, and skin health. Even though responsible for the metabolism of carbs, proteins, and fats, B7 is believed to reduce hair loss, improve scalp coverage and induce new hair strand growth.
Exclusive Nutrafol Ingredients
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen and induces a sense of calm. It is also associated with DHEA which promotes hair growth. Because DHEA also influences collagen generation, the scalp is elastic and this promotes hair growth and luster.
- Tocotrienol Complex is an antioxidant and is one of the components of vitamin E. The vitamin can induce new hair growth and increases blood flow to the scalp promoting strength and nutrition.
- Marine Collagen Peptides provide keratin with all the amino acids needed for natural hair growth and strengthening. Collagen also protects the follicles from free radical damage.
- Curcumin is derived from turmeric and can reduce the influence of DHT which is the hormone that controls hormonal hair growth and loss. Curcumin in its natural form is used to treat hair fall.
- Kelp Minerals are said to be rich in vitamins and minerals that can encourage hair to grow and grow better. It has ten times the amount of calcium than milk. Kelp proved to stop male pattern baldness in a study and also induced new hair growth.
- Resveratrol has antioxidant andante-inflammatory effects which help to preserve hair follicles. It may also be responsible for boosting the mitochondrial function of hair cells, creating more energy for the follicles.
- Keratin is used to smoothen out the layers of cells that form the hair cuticle. This gives the hair a healthier and lustrous look and lessens the appearance of frizz and reduces breakage.
- L-Cysteine is one of the essential amino acids that provide hair with nutrition, encouraging strength and growth. It may also be responsible for improving hair thickness and reducing hair loss.
- L-Lysine provides the hair with the protein required to build hair cells. Access to extra protein helps the hair build extra layers of keratin. This helps to strengthen the look and texture of hair.
- L-Methionine has a high sulfur content which reduces breakage and contributes to structural integrity. It even acts as an antioxidant protecting hair cells from oxidative damage.
- Black Pepper is sometimes applied directly to hair strands to improve luster and strength. The herb is a rich source of nutrients and its antioxidant properties protect the hair.
- Capsicum is a natural source of silicon which improves the elasticity of hair. It reduces breakage and even stops hair from turning brittle after exposure to chemicals or the sun.
- Selenium is a must-have if you suffer from dandruff. Selenium attacks the fungus that causes dandruff which is why it is a staple of dandruff and hair loss products.
- Hyaluronic Acid acts as a conditioning agent. The acid keeps moisture locked into the hair follicles reducing frizz and stopping your hair from drying out.
Exclusive Folexin Ingredients
- Vitamin E is the ultimate antioxidant. The vitamin protects follicles from free radical damage. It is safe to use even if you suffer from a health condition that causes hair fall.
- Vitamins B1, B6, B9, B12 & B5 work indirectly for hair health. The B vitamins are required for RBC production. The more RBCs, the more abundant the blood flow to the scalp bringing oxygen, nutrients, and energy.
- Calcium is important, especially for women in the perimenopausal or menopausal stages. Calcium maintains hair health and when there is a dearth of the mineral hair is affected first.
- Iron is needed for hemoglobin which supplies the body and hair with oxygen for energy production.
- Magnesium is crucial for protein synthesis; the creation of melanin and the maintenance of the hair growth cycles. Keratin cannot be produced without magnesium.
- Manganese helps produce collagen which keeps the elasticity of skin, nails, and hair.
- Potassium can help certain dormant hair follicles get back in the game. It does so by enabling cell renewal in the scalp. This means that your growth would grow healthier and thicker.
- Folexin uses a proprietary blend that includes botanicals to boost hair strength and growth. The blend includes PABA, Fo-ti, Bamboo Extract, Stinging Nettle Extract, Chinese Peony, Spirulina, Soy Plant Sterols, Alfalfa, and Barley Grass.
Where and How Can You Buy These Supplements?
If you would like to get your hands on these supplements, the smartest option would be to order them online. Discount offers and savings await you there.
For Nutrafol, you can go to the Official Website to visit sites like Amazon, GNC, Walmart, and other Health Stores.
- If you opt to buy a single bottle, it would cost you $.79 Nutrafol also offers you the option to subscribe which would get you refills at intervals of your choice and this is accompanied by free doctors’ consults if you wish to avail of them. All subscription options are available on the official website. Should you not be satisfied with the product, Nutrafol offers you a full refund or exchange. This offer stands only if you make a claim within 30 days of purchase.
Comparatively, Folexin is a show-stopper. And you could make purchases at Folexin Official Website, tap now! You can return any unopened bottles within a five-month window from the date of purchase. For refunds, you have a 30-day window.
- One bottle of the supplement would cost you $24.95.
- For two bottles, the cost is $44.96
- And a purchase of four bottles would cost $89.92 and you get a free bottle too.
Q1. How long does it take for the product to work?
- For Nutrafol, the website states that results begin to show anywhere from three to six months.
- Folexin promises results after three months.
Of course, results vary from one user to the next as it would depend on general health, diet, and exposure to chemicals and the elements.
Q2. Can anyone use this product?
Ans.: Nutrafol uses the same formula but markets it differently for men and women. The only difference in the products for men and women is the promise of coverage with male pattern baldness. Folexin can be used by men and women alike. It is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women though.
Q3. Would it damage my hair if I stop the use of the products?
Ans.: Neither product would inflict damage on your hair. Should you choose to stop the use of the supplements, you would see your hair revert to its previous state. There would be no damage.
Q4. Can larger doses be taken for quicker results?
Ans.: That is strictly advised against. The dosages of each capsule have been measured to precise doses that would maintain hair health. Larger doses may cause side effects as the doses may exceed what your body can handle. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
A Quick Re-Cap
So far, Folexin seems to be doing a great job. Just to make things clearer, here is a quick summary of everything we know so far.
|Ashwagandha, Saw palmetto, Tocotrienol complex, Marine Collagen Peptides, Curcumin, Kelp minerals, Horsetail extract, Resveratrol, Keratin, L-Cysteine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, Black pepper, Capsicum, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Biotin, Zinc, Selenium, and Hyaluronic Acid
|Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, B6, B9, B12, and B5, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, Potassium, and Proprietary blend including PABA, Horsetail, Fo-Ti, Bamboo, Stinging Nettle, Chinese Peony, Spirulina, Saw Palmetto, Soy Plant Sterols, Alfalfa, and Barley Grass.
|Separate products for men and women are available
|Applicable for all facing hair problems; men and women alike
|4 pills a day
|2 pills a day
|$79 per bottle
|$24.95 per bottle
|Return and Refund
|30 days from the day of purchase
|30 days from the day of purchase
|Where to Buy?
|To buy Nutrafol visit Amazon, GNC, Walmart, or its Merchant Site.
|Click Here to Buy Folexin Formula exclusively from the Official Website.
Which is the Better Hair Loss Supplement; Folexin vs Nutrafol?
- Looking at the benefits, the ingredients used, the nutrients you get, and the extent to which the ingredients are naturally used, Folexin seems to be a clear winner.
- Folexin is also better priced and you get better discounts when you order on the website. It isn’t just a question of what you pay in dollars. When you look at the supplements comparatively, you get more out of Folexin than you do with Nutrafol.
- If you are looking for a simple, hassle-free solution to your hair fall issues,
- Folexin is the better choice as the ingredients have been included after extensive research and scientific studies.
- Real customer reviews are positive and claim that the product is effective.
The fact that it is the in-expensive option is just the cherry on top. When compared to other hair supplements like Nutrafol, Folexin makes it easier for us to make a choice.