Food isn’t what it used to be. A few decades ago, processed foods were unheard of, take-outs didn’t exist and junk foods consisted of Cheetos and sweet soda. Today, the scene is very different. You can buy anything washed, dried, salted, sugared, fermented, or bagged. This is processing and it is not as much a good thing as you believe. Yes, it is easier and saves you time but the price you pay is greater than the dollar value. You see, processing strips foods, whether plant-based or animal, of most health benefits and nutrients. Processed foods do little more than fill your tummy.
In your digestive system, especially the intestines, live microorganisms – bacteria, fungi, viruses, and yeasts. Let’s focus on the bacteria. Bacteria and human health go way back. We lead a symbiotic relationship with these microbes – they have a nice cozy home and they help us by providing health benefits. Now, there are good bacteria and bad ones; both of which live in the intestines. Normally, good bacteria outnumber pathogens and keep them in check. In certain conditions, one of which is an over-dependence on processed foods, the balance is tipped in favor of the harmful microbes causing a state called dysbiosis. Dysbiosis is the start of the degradation of digestive health and when left unchecked, you are looking at a future with leaky gut syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, joint pains, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and a lot more. These medical conditions are caused by inflammation which begins with gut dysbiosis.
This is common knowledge now. This is perhaps why there is a sudden increase in the production, marketing, and sale of probiotic supplements. Many now acknowledge the role the gut plays in the human body and don’t want to take any chances. Since most health problems germinate in the gut, dietary supplements with probiotic agents are on the rise. And healthy probiotic bacteria do a lot for you.
- Probiotics are good bacteria that provide you with health benefits. When you consume a probiotic formula, it helps to reestablish balance in the gut. Probiotics also help to replenish the number of helpful bacteria and introduce a diversity of bacterial strains in the gut. The greater the diversity, the greater the health benefits. Explore the Probiotic Foods list from here!
- If you suffer from diarrhea often, you should consider taking a probiotic supplement, to buy the Best Probiotic Supplement, here is a list of the Top 10 Gut Supplements.
A study concluded that probiotics can reduce antibiotic-induced diarrhea by 42%. If consumed regularly, you reduce the risk of getting diarrhea in the first place.
- Almost 1 million people in the US alone suffer from IBD – inflammatory bowel disease, with a side Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Certain probiotic strains like Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium help to keep the symptoms of these digestive issues. So, here is a great way to add Digestive Superfoods to your diet, learn about the foods from this list.
- Because your immune system is seated and influenced by the gut, adding probiotic bacteria to your diet would boost your immune function and protect you against infections.
- Maintaining healthy body weight is an everyday struggle and gut bacteria play a role there too. Some probiotic strains prevent the absorption of fat in the intestine and instead send it further to be excreted. They also help to keep you full for longer which would put a check on cravings and binge eating.
- Probiotics help reduce the severity of eczema, and allergies and could also help to sustain healthy cholesterol levels, keeping your heart healthier.
Probiotic supplements alone cannot do this. You would need to help it along. The modern American diet is not gut-friendly. Changing the way you eat would affect the probiotic bacteria in the gut. Switching to a more plant-based diet is healthier. Avoid processed foods, junk, and artificial sweeteners. Exercise when you can and use it as a method of dealing with stress. Sleep is equally important too. Making healthy lifestyle changes would aid and quicken the gut-healing process.
Of the many probiotic supplements in the market today, Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic is making quite the waves. It may just be the marketing but just to help you make an informed decision about which probiotic supplement you want to buy; we are going to break it down for you.
Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic; How Valid are the Claims?
Gundry MD is an establishment that dabbles in a lot besides probiotic supplements as Gundry MD products include books to dog food. The supplement range includes cardiovascular health, joint health, and digestive health. Founded by Dr. Steven Gundry, a doctor with over 30 years of experience in the medical field, the supplements are all physician-formulated and closely tested.
Several supplements have been developed to maintain digestive balance, one of which is 24 Strain Probiotic. As the name suggests, this dietary supplement contains 24 probiotic strains to help promote optimal gut health.
- This new gut health formula includes probiotics that can replenish the gut microbiome and ward off digestive irregularities.
- This dietary supplement uses 30 billion CFUs – colony-forming units, of bacterial strains that are bile resistant. This means that the probiotics reach their destination without being digested first.
- The recommended dosage of the product is just one cellulose capsule a day and many users have reported seeing digestive benefits in 2 to three weeks. To enjoy maximum benefits, Dr. Gundry suggests that the supplement use be continued.
Benefits of Using Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic
Because the gut influences almost every other biological system in the body, and 24 Strain Probiotic improves the digestive process and balances the gut, you should see positive outcomes in overall health. Mainly…
- A comfortable digestive system with no gas or bloating. You should also see regular bowel movements that result from complete and regular digestion.
- As gut health improves, one also sees improved energy levels. This is because of optimal nutrient absorption that can come only from a healthy digestive system.
- There would be reduced gut inflammation and reduced inflammation in the body as a whole.
- Each of the 24 probiotic strains provides various health benefits besides gut health. You will be at the receiving end of those too.
- Gut health is associated with general wellness and that would be the result you could expect with regular and continued use of the dietary supplement.
Most users of the product testify that this dietary supplement does work. Some even say that they have not had digestive issues since they began using 24 Strain Probiotic and could feel a distinct improvement in digestion and overall health. They may be right. The benefits of any supplement are a consequence of the ingredients used. In this case, the 24 strains of bacteria. Let’s take a closer look at them.
What’s in the Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic Formula?
You may not know this but there is a difference between different probiotic strains and important probiotic strains. The difference is in the benefits you can reap from them. Different probiotic strains help improve the diversity of bacteria in the gut and promote digestive health. The important ones are those that are required to maintain a healthy gut and address specific issues like diarrhea or gas. This probiotic product has added both varieties which is probably why the product seems to be an effective one. The probiotic ingredients include the two central probiotic families – Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium.
The first family of bacteria includes all the lactobacilli strains acidophilus, Plantarum, rhamnosus, casei, salivarius, bulgaricus, paracasei, lactis, gasseri, reuteri, fermentum, Helvetica, Brevis, lactobacillus sporogenes. These 14 strains are a major feature in your gut microbiota and are responsible for breaking down probiotic fibers into beneficial short-chain fatty acids for the body.
Each strain also comes with its own set of benefits, such as:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus for vaginal and digestive inflammation,
- Lactobacillus Plantarum for regular digestion and relief from stomach issues,
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus for a healthy immune system and prevention of gastrointestinal infection,
- Lactobacillus casei for weight loss and IBS,
- Lactobacillus salivarius for chronic diseases like asthma or dermatitis,
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus for hay fever and liver disease,
- Lactobacillus Paracasei for nutrient absorption and fighting off pathogens,
- Lactobacillus Lactis for immune function and protect the lungs,
- Lactobacillus gasseri for better digestion and ulcers,
- Lactobacillus reuteri for producing organic acids,
- Lactobacillus fermentum for upper-respiratory infections,
- Lactobacillus Helveticus for pathogen protection and a strong immune system,
- Lactobacillus Brevis for diarrhea,
- And Lactobacillus sporogenes for diarrhea and the immune system.
This powerful probiotic strain helps to prevent and heal infection and produces vitamins and various chemicals that the body requires for regular functioning. They are also central to the treatment of several diseases and the symptoms of many others. Bifidobacterium is also associated with the synthesis of the vitamin B complex. Bifidobacterium bifidum is the most common probiotic strain and is critical to digestive health. The ones included in 24 Strain Probiotic are:
- Bifidobacterium lactis for strengthening the gut barrier and gut defenses,
- Bifidobacterium breve for pathologies from a variety of digestive problems,
- Bifidobacterium bifidum which is ideal for IBS and respiratory infections,
- Bifidobacterium longum for inflammation control and increasing acetate production, and in infants for reducing the severity of digestive disorder symptoms.
Other probiotic supplements usually add Lactobacillus or the Bifidobacterium strains but 24 Strain Probiotic includes both. Both these strains with their additional benefits to human health help 24 Strain Probiotic become a better product.
This strain of bacteria is used in cheese and yogurt production and plays a central role in supporting the immune system, improving skin health, and alleviating GI symptoms. This bacterium is one of the first colonizers of the digestive tract and can impact inflammation, lactose intolerance, and gastritis. It can even help with dental hygiene and remove bad breath and encourage the growth of other powerful probiotics in the intestine.
A popular candidate on the probiotic supplement scene, E. Faecium is administered to treat diarrhea, and IBS and even to lower cholesterol levels. Other benefits include bolstering the immune function and surviving the digestive process to reach the intestine where it can benefit the host completely and reproduce easily.
Other probiotic strains that the 24 Strain Probiotic Supplement features are Bacillus Coagulans, Saccharomyces boulardii, and cerevisiae. The idea behind the use of so many probiotics in one supplement is to ensure that you have digestive regularity and a strong defense against gut–related issues and improved energy levels.
Is the Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic Worth Buying?
The Gundry MD product is one of many in the line of digestive health and this is the only one with such a wide range of probiotics included. The product does seem like a good one and has a few things going for it.
- The product is dairy-free and caffeine-free
- 24 Strain Probiotic comes with 30 billion CFUs.
- The product is packaged in vegetable cellulose capsules. And only one capsule needs to be taken a day. It is one of the easier probiotic supplements to consume.
- The product is physician developed and was manufactured in an FDA-approved facility.
- Like all Gundry MD products, 24 Strain Probiotic comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee. All you have to do is get in touch with the company and the customer support team will get back to you with details.
Reviews for the Gundry MD product can be found online and many of them are rave reviews about the efficacy of the product. Many claims that the supplements had them feeling a lot better in a matter of just a few days. Such a supplement, therefore, should be one of the best supplements on the market. Unfortunately, that is not fact. Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic is a good product, but not a great one.
Most of the rave reviews about the performance ended with a comment about the price.
- Gundry MD products are usually pricier than several similar products.
- The price is not justified either.
- There are other probiotic supplements that have CFUs close to 50 billion or more. The 30 billion CFUs in 24 Strain Probiotic is normal and has no added ring to it.
- The addition of Enterococcus Faecium is a tricky one. The presence of this strain of bacteria usually means the presence of other pathogenic agents. Also, this bacterium itself may be pathogenic to humans. It can cause bacteremia, urinary tract infections, and endocarditis.
- The same is true for Streptococcus Thermophilus, this bacterium influences the production of histamine, so if you are sensitive to it, this product is not for you.
- Moreover, 24 Strain Probiotic follows the logic that the more bacterial strains, the more benefits. That is not true. An impact is made on the gut by including the right strains of bacteria and not bombarding the gut with various strains. Such a supplement may not be as effective.
- A complete probiotic product would include some prebiotics as well. Probiotics alone won’t fix a gut alone. To keep the bacteria alive, they need to be fed and nourished and prebiotics does that. Many probiotic supplements include this feature but the 24 Strain Probiotic formula seems to have left prebiotics out of their list.
How and Where to Buy?
If you wish to purchase the product, you can do so from the Gundry MD official website or any other e-commerce website. You have the option of making purchases singularly or in batches of 3 or 6.
- 1 bottle of 24 Strain Probiotic would set you back $65.95.
- 3 bottles would cost you $188.85 and
- 6 bottles would cost $353.70.
The company offers free shipping in the continental US for orders over $49. If you so choose, you could also opt to subscribe, in which case the cost of the products reduces significantly. For refunds, as mentioned earlier, you will be refunded the cost of the supplement but shipping and delivery charges will not be refunded.
Lucas L. (USA)
I have been taking 24 Strain Probiotic for a few months now and I am extremely happy with the results. I have struggled with digestive issues for years and this supplement has been a game-changer for me. I no longer experience bloating or discomfort after meals and my digestion has greatly improved. I have tried other probiotic supplements in the past, but none have been as effective as this one. I would highly recommend this supplement.
Penelope G. (UK)
Another great thing about 24 Strain Probiotic is that it is easy to take. The capsules are small and easy to swallow, and they don’t have any unpleasant aftertaste. I also appreciate that the supplement is made with high-quality ingredients and is free from any artificial additives or fillers. Overall, I highly recommend 24 Strain Probiotic to anyone looking to improve their gut health. It has made a significant difference for me and I will continue to take it as part of my daily routine. 3.5 out of 5 stars Fantastic probiotic supplement.
Summary & Verdict
Gundry MD 24 Strain Probiotic Pill is a probiotic product that helps to restore digestive health, reinforce gut stability and provide other benefits like weight loss and cholesterol control. It uses 24 strains of powerful probiotics to achieve this goal and has been reviewed as a good product by customers. The supplement is easy to take with just one pill a day and must be taken regularly so that you reap all the benefits the supplement has to offer.
Before you dive in to buy the Gundry MD supplement, you must understand that gut health is not dependent only on gut microbes. Many environmental factors like exercise, stress, sleep, and diet affect the gut and the bacteria. Taking supplements without ensuring that these factors are in check too is not going to help you much. Gundry MD also has completely ignored the role of prebiotics in gut health and has omitted the addition of the same into this probiotic supplement.
For the price that the supplement demands, 24 Strain Probiotic does not quite hit the mark and misses completely on several fronts. There are similar if not better gut health prebiotic and probiotic products available that could address your gut needs at a pocket-friendlier cost, such as the YourBiology Gut+ for Women and Bauer Nutrition Biotics 8 for Men. It would be advisable for you to check your options before you settle to purchase this product.