Whether it be for saving time, convenience, or fitness, more and more people are turning to green powders and meal replacement shakes. For many old-schoolers, the concept of drinking a meal is rather off-putting and why someone would switch out a burrito for a thick, sometimes foul-smelling, shake is beyond comprehension. The concept isn’t a new one but has gained popularity as of late.
A meal replacement shake is designed to replace a meal, quite obviously. You are free to choose which meal to replace. The logic is to consume a meal that is healthier, balanced, and low in calories. Some meal replacement brands go the extra mile and add fiber to the mix so that you feel fuller for longer, curbing the snacking tendency we possess as humans. A meal replacement is usually in a powder form that you have to mix with water or milk – dairy or otherwise, to form a shake. The thickness of the shake would depend on the amount of product and liquid you add and the recipe can be adjusted to suit your needs. Ideally, the average human adult must consume, vegetables, fruits, meat, dairy, protein, and healthy fats. You won’t find these ingredients per se but you will find that the nutrients that you find in these food groups would feature on the meal replacement packet label.
Meal replacements were initially designed to help with weight loss. It provides nutrition while helping the user keep calorie intake low. For this purpose, more than a few meal replacement powders include high protein content or a protein blend. The protein also helps one to feel sated for longer.
There are certain factors that you must keep in mind when trying to replace a meal. Most meal replacement shakes are a great alternative to fast food and take-out, as these shakes are rich in nutrients and low in fat. And comparatively, it is a lot cheaper. Many also include dietary fiber to help with gut health, appetite suppression, and easier bowel movements. Studies have proven that adding a meal replacement shake can help you lose weight.
One of the major advantages of a meal replacement drink is the fact that it is low in calories. This makes it an ideal addition to your weight loss program. However, if you overdo the shake, like deciding to replace all your meals with the shake, you might go into a caloric deficit. This may sound good but in the long run, your body would start to store more fat as there are not enough calories to burn for energy. The body goes into energy-saving mode. Also, some powders depend heavily on artificial ingredients, so you must check the supplement fact column before you buy the product. There is also the allergen factor. As a protein source, many brands use dairy, soy protein, or other plant-based protein sources. You must consult your physician or dietician before you start to use it to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the components used in the product.
There are so many factors to take into consideration that the act of choosing the right meal replacement drink becomes difficult. Consequently, to help you make the healthiest decision for yourself, we have compared, three popular meal replacement shakes. We compare ingredients, benefits, pros, cons, formulae, and even prices so that you can make a better choice.
Table of Contents
Ka’Chava, Soylent & PhenQ Complete Meal Shake: An Introduction
No. #3 – Ka’Chava
Ka’Chava is a vegan-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free meal replacement powder. The product is a plant-based superfood that includes nutrition from more than 85 organic ingredients making it a complete meal. Most meal replacement powders face bad reviews because of the taste, Ka’Chava has a range of 5 flavors that you can choose from and each seems to be more popular than the next. Ka’Chava provides convenience and health in one powder that allows you to function physically and mentally without having to worry about calories. All you need is a blender or a shake bottle, ice-cold water, and 2 heaped spoonfuls of Ka’Chava and you are set to have a delicious and nutritious meal.
All Ka’Chava products are consciously sourced from sustainable farming sources and the ingredients and product as a whole have been rigorously tested by third parties.
No. #2 – Soylent
Soylent offers a meal replacement powder that is suitable for vegans and vegetarians alike. Soylent Original Powdered Food is just one of several products like protein shakes, energy boosters, and healthy snacks range. The cornerstone of the Soylent brand is the use of soy protein isolate that allows for use by vegans who wish to keep their protein intake high. This meal replacement powder is a cheaper option when compared to the ready-to-consume drinks that Soylent offers. The product contains no nuts or dairy and supports your body with the inclusion of 28 vitamins and minerals.
Soylent needs are measured by weight. Ideally, it is 60 grams for 1 cup of water. It is best to use a blender for mixing as there have been some reviews as to how dry powder is always left in the cup.
No. #1 – PhenQ Complete Meal Shake
PhenQ Complete Meal Shake replaces 1 complete meal. It supports weight loss, and low calorie- nutrition, boosts energy levels, and curbs cravings too. Available in 3 tempting flavors, the product helps to reduce anxiety as it includes adaptogens as a part of its formula. The PhenQ meal replacement powder comes to you following the success of PhenQ weight loss pills. Unfortunately, PhenQ is not dairy free but supports you with 13 key vitamins and minerals and even goes the extra step to add digestive enzymes to aid gut health and provide digestive support.
1 heaped scoopful added to 10 to 14oz of water should do the trick. It can be blended, shaken, or simply mixed with a spoon.
Looking for a delicious and easy way to support your weight loss goals, click to read more about PhenQ Complete Meal Shake.
How Can These Meal Replacement Products Help You?
Before we go any further, you must understand that a meal replacement drink is not the same as a protein powder drink. Protein shakes have one purpose – to be a high protein source for the user. Meal replacements are different. They have added nutrients like fiber, minerals, and vitamins that keep you healthy.
Unlike, energy bars, which are packed full of caffeine, sugar, and gluten, a ready-to-drink meal addresses issues of nutrition, weight management, food cravings, and energy. Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ covers all of these bases when they designed and formulated their products. Benefits-wise they are somewhat similar.
- Natural Energy Boost
While busy counting how many calories you are free to consume in a day, you, like many others, overlook the question of energy or strength. This is probably why lots of diets leave us tired, fatigued, and out of focus. All three meal replacements take this into account. The brands use natural ingredients, superfoods, vitamins, and minerals to keep the body charged and ready for action.
- Boosted Immunity
With the right nutrients entering the body, your immune system would be better equipped to deal with foreign invaders and infections. Meal replacements help to keep your immune function strong and alert and provide it with all factors and vitals for its upkeep.
- Weight Loss and Better Metabolism
The whole point of skipping a meal is to keep the calories from mounting. Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ successfully replace a full meal without a fraction of the effort and calorie count. What’s more, by providing the body with vitamin B complex, digestive enzymes, and healthy minerals, you are looking at improved metabolism and quick burning of calories.
- Stress Control, Better Sleep & Calm
Adaptogens like ashwagandha, organic greens, and mushrooms can help the mind settle down, and allows you to physically and mentally relax. This results in better sleep. Altogether, the use of these meal replacement drinks can change the way you handle stress.
- Muscle Growth & Strength
Weight loss alone is not enough, you need to ensure that muscle mass is not lost. For this purpose, you must include amino acids in your diet. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins and ingredients like soy and whey powder include all 9 of the essential amino acids to aid muscle building and maintenance.
- Enhanced Digestion
Sometimes, giving a machine rest is best. Which is what happens when you stop taking an actual meal. Meal replacements allow the digestive system a well-deserved rest. The powders allow for better nutrient absorption, enzymes aid with digestion and the fiber helps with bowel movements and prebiotic support.
- Joint & Bone Health from Ka’Chava
Ka’Chava adds 5 nutrients that support the repair, maintenance, and health of bones and joints.
- Hydration from Soylent
Soylent provides the body with electrolytes like potassium and magnesium to ensure that your body is amply hydrated.
- Better Appetite Control from PhenQ
By adding fiber, natural proteins, and digestive enzymes, PhenQ keeps the hunger hormones quiet, which helps you to better deal with the cravings once they hit.
Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ include essential nutrients in their respective formulae. This means that the benefits that these products claim are in no way exclusive to any one meal replacement powder.
- There are other areas of differences, Ka’Chava is a vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and soy-free option that is available for the fussier of customers.
- Soylent, as the name suggests, leans heavily on soy, which may risk triggering allergies in some customers.
- PhenQ is designed for those who are gunning for weight loss. By curbing hunger, cutting calories, and providing nutrition for muscle strength and growth, it is the perfect addition to weight loss regimes.
Another area of difference is the ingredients and the nutrients that these meal replacement shakes provide. Let’s take a closer look at that now.
The Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ Method
Nutrition-wise, Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ are similar. It wouldn’t be a fair comparison if we were to say that gives more than the rest. When it comes to vitamins and minerals, all three meal replacement shakes have done an exemplary job. They include:
- Vitamin A for vision, immune support, reproductive health and growth,
- Vitamin B complex for RBC health, cell maintenance, brain function, metabolism, and nerve function,
- Vitamin C for healthy skin, cells, bones, and wound healing,
- Vitamin D for calcium and phosphate regulation for healthy teeth, bones, and muscles, and
- Vitamin E for immunity, eyesight, and healthy skin.
- For the minerals these brands provide you with calcium for healthy bone development, muscle and nerve function
- Iron to make hemoglobin and hormones
- Phosphorus for the formation of bones and teeth and the optimal use of carbs and fats,
- Iodine helps support the thyroid gland and aids the production of thyroxin,
- Manganese for the formation of connective tissue, bones, sex hormones, and blood clotting factors,
- Magnesium for energy production, muscle, and nerve function and to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease,
- Zinc which is vital for the senses of taste and smell, immune function, and metabolism
- Selenium for DNA generation and protection and hormone function,
- Copper for nerve health, immune function, iron absorption, and energy production,
- Chromium for muscle strength, weight loss, and glucose control,
- Chloride maintains pH levels, stimulates enzymes and muscle and nerve function,
- Molybdenum is for protein processing and breaking down toxins that enter the body,
- Sodium is key for the conduction of nerve impulses, muscle contraction, maintenance of water balance, and
- Potassium for fluid balance inside and outside the cell wall and maintaining blood pressure.
Ka’Chava Meal Replacement Shake
To deliver these nutrients, Ka’Chava meal replacement powder categorizes its ingredients into blends.
- Ka’Chava’s Plant Protein Blend uses plant-based protein derived from botanicals like yellow peas protein, organic whole grain brown rice protein, quinoa, and sacha inchi protein. Protein is a macronutrient that makes you feel full for longer and spreads a feeling of satiety.
- The Adaptogen Blend includes reishi mushrooms, ginger, cordyceps mushrooms, and maca root help you to maintain a balance between work and personal life. It supports organic recovery from physical and mental stresses.
- The Antioxidant / Super-Fruit Blend neutralizes the effects of free radicals in the body that are responsible for chronic medical conditions and damage to cells and tissues. This blend includes acai berries, Camu Camu berries, tart cherry, maqui berries, blackberry, and strawberry.
- Omega EFA / Fiber Blend consists of chia seeds, flax seeds, acacia gum, and whole-grain oat. This helps to support a healthy gut and because it takes time to move through the gut, it curbs food cravings.
- Ka’Chava also comprises a Vegetable / Super greens Blend. This group has kale, moringa, beetroot, broccoli, spinach, and an assortment of vegetables that are nutrient-dense and provide a majority of the nutrients that the product provides.
- Ka’Chava also consists of a Digestive Enzyme Blend, Probiotic/Prebiotic Blend, Vitamin Blend, and Mineral Blend. The fact that the product includes organic, responsibly sourced ingredients, Ka’Chava makes for a good meal replacement based on whole foods and adaptogens. The product includes no artificial sweeteners and contains 25 grams of protein and 6 grams of dietary fiber.
Soylent Meal Replacement Shake
When compared to Ka’Chava, Soylent seems to have done a pretty haphazard job. They seem to have sourced very complicated-sounding components that make it difficult for the user to properly determine the true nature of what it is they are ingesting. While other brands tend to use natural and plant-based sources of nutrition, Soylent uses compounds, the sources of which are difficult to trace.
As the name suggests, you will find a lot of soy in the product. Soy protein isolate and soy lecithin may appeal to vegetarians and vegans, however, they mimic estrogen in the body which may cause some controversy.
Isomaltulose and sucralose are artificial sugars. The addition of this along with natural flavors has received some backlash. Even though proposed to be a healthy alternative to a meal, Soylent’s use of artificial sweeteners has made it unpopular. Artificial sweeteners are usually associated with gut health issues.
- Canola Oil is used which is often associated with heart health, healthy fatty acids, and unsaturated fats which promote cardiovascular strength.
- Maltodextrin which is made from vegetable starch, soluble corn fiber, and modified food starch all add to the carb and fiber factor of this food-based drink. This makes the product easily digestible and somewhat sweet.
- Vitamin And Mineral Premix is as it sounds.
- Cellulose is added to up the fiber content that the powdered meal provides. It is also used for weight loss attempts; Soylent provides up to 6 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein. Compared to Ka’Chava, this isn’t much.
- Natural Flavors and salt are for the taste buds and Xanthan Gum is used as a thickening agent.
- Mono & Diglycerides are emulsifiers.
PhenQ Meal Replacement Shake
PhenQ uses plant-based sources for nutritional value and even includes some proprietary blends to ensure that the end user gets maximum benefits from the meal replacement drink.
- PhenQ includes gluten-free oat flour for carbs. These heavy carbs take time to move through the digestive system, curbing hunger and providing nutrition for the gut bacteria as well.
- Flaxseed powder has similar benefits but adds omega- 3 fatty acids and fiber to the mix.
- CARB10® derived from pea starch help improve carb absorption without increasing blood glucose levels.
- Whey protein concentrate is claimed to have nine essential amino acids but very little lactose. This aids with the building of lean muscle mass and encourages weight loss without the loss of muscle tissue.
- The Vegetarian Micronutrient blend helps to supply the body with nutritional goodies like vitamins, minerals, and fiber for sustenance.
- DigeZyme® enzyme complex contains 5 digestive chemicals that ease the process of digestion, and aid nutrient absorption and metabolism of fats, carbs, and proteins.
Ka’Chava & PhenQ seem to take a similar approach to replace a meal business. Both brands provide you with essential nutrients by using natural and actual whole-food ingredients. Soylent misses out on this factor. Instead of consuming an entire meal, the former two brands give you a natural and wholesome meal without the use of a dinner plate.
Where Can You Find These Meal Replacement Powders?
The smartest way to purchase these products is to order them online from the official website. You get offers and discounts and some even give you the option of a subscription.
- If you make a one-time purchase, a bag of Ka’Chava would cost you $69.95 per bag.
- If you choose to subscribe, you save $10 per bag.
You have 30 days to decide whether you like it or not. Ka’Chava allows for a full refund of 1 bag per flavor.
Soylent can be bought from its official website or other platforms like Amazon, Walmart, or GNC. Each bag consists of 35 meals and you have the option of 4 flavors.
- You can make a one-time purchase at just $69.50,
- If you choose to subscribe, each bag would cost you $58.00
- And if you choose a prepaid subscription, you have to pay $166.49.
Soylent does not entertain requests for refunds. All purchases are considered final. The only cases in which a request for a refund is heard are in case the product was damaged or defective.
PhenQ Complete Meal Shake
PhenQ can be bought from PhenQ official website and nowhere else, click to Order!
- The subscription option is at capacity on some occasions, but this option may open up in the future.
- A one-time purchase would cost you $53.85. If you add another bag, it would only cost you $17.95.
PhenQ also offers you a 60-day money-back guarantee. This is available to you no questions asked.
Q1. How soon would weight loss results show?
Ans.: Results would depend on a lot of factors. Genetics, metabolism, medical conditions, diet, exercise regimes, and lifestyle changes you are willing to make. However, the use of meal replacement shakes would hasten your weight loss process.
Q2. Do these products contain caffeine?
Ans.: None of these products use caffeine.
Q3. Would these products affect hormone activity or any other body function?
Ans.: No. On the contrary, the products contain useful vitamins and minerals that would help the production, release, and balance of hormones. This would aid metabolism and easier weight loss.
Q4. Are these products habit-forming?
Ans.: You can stop the use of these products whenever you wish. They do not contain caffeine or any other harmful substances that may cause dependency.
A Quick Recap
This is a lot of information to sift through and chances are a lot of what was discussed is already lost to you. But we have you covered. Here is a quick summary of all the information we have about the Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ meal replacement powders.
|Ingredient Source||Sources its nutrients from responsibly sourced superfoods, adaptogens, and whole foods.||The nutrient source is from compounds rather than actual foods||Nutrition is sourced from plant-based proprietary blends and plant and dairy sources|
|Audience||All healthy individuals over the age of 18||All healthy individuals over the age of 18 without a soy allergy||All healthy individuals over the age of 18 without lactose allergies|
|Refund||30-day refund||Refund requests are not entertained||60-day money-back guarantee|
|Where to Buy?||Visit Amazon, Walmart, GNC and other online and Official Platforms||Click here to visit the PhenQ Complete Meal Shake Official Website.|
If you are looking to lose excess weight, meal replacement powders are an excellent way to bolster the effort. They replace an entire meal while making sure that the body receives the essential nutrient required to stay healthy. Depending on dietary choices, you can find, lactose-free, soy-free, and gluten-free options. The better meal replacement brands use plant-based proteins and other natural ingredients so that the body finds it easy to digest and metabolize food. Most brands even give you options like vanilla or chocolate flavor.
Ka’Chava, Soylent, and PhenQ are three such brands that offer better-tasting shakes. The shakes can be mixed with water, milk, or alternatives like almond milk, to form thick shakes that replace an entire meal. These three brands are popular and widely used. When compared against one another, PhenQ seems to be a better meal replacement choice.
PhenQ is the better alternative for several reasons.
- One is the price. When compared to Ka’Chava or Soylent, the price you pay for PhenQ seems reasonable.
- Ingredients make a difference. Ka’Chava shakes use a wider range of superfoods but it does not provide other nutrients. PhenQ delivers the same with fewer ingredients and even adds enzymes for easier digestion.
- Benefits. For a lesser fare and a lower number of components, PhenQ can deliver a wide range of benefits from energy to weight loss.
- Lastly, if you are looking for quick weight loss, PhenQ offers you a range of products that can aid the process.