With the growing indulgence of people into the fitness culture, there has been a rapid growth in the vast varieties of protein supplements produced in the market. Protein powders, especially whey protein isolate powders are a very popular dietary supplement. Whey is nothing but a liquid that separates from milk during the cheesemaking process, it is then spray-dried into a powder form and bottled up and sold in markets.
Whey can be classified into majorly three categories, they are:
- Whey protein concentrate,
- Whey protein isolate and
- Whey protein hydrolysate.
Protein powders play a key role in muscle building, suppressing appetite and supporting a healthy metabolism. Whey protein contains all essential branched chain amino acids, so it is a complete source of protein that the body needs to function smoothly. Protein powders are a go-to choice for most fitness enthusiasts and athletes as it helps to cover the daily protein requirement, and is very easy to add to the diet.
Protein powder supplements are very handy, when it comes to maintaining muscles and achieving daily muscle goals, they can also act as effective meal replacements as protein powders have high satiation properties. While protein powders have a long list of health benefits, most of them also come with a common drawback; that is; causing gas, bloating, stomach cramps, upset stomach and other digestive discomfort. Most of these side effects root to lactose intolerance, which is the inability of the body to digest lactose which is the main carb used in protein supplements, some people may also be allergic to lactose. The dense nature of most protein powders, give rise to several stomach related issues, which further hinders athletic performance.
And, working out with a bloated stomach and gas issues can be really challenging. Regular protein add-ons are dense and lack digestive promoters to aid digestion. But since protein powder is crucial for improving and enhancing gym performance, it is very important for customers to choose and invest in their protein supplements wisely.
So which protein powder tastes the best and won’t cause stomach pains, gas and digestive problems?
Crazy Nutrition has formulated their supreme protein blend 100% Tri-protein, which is tasty as well as healthy and the best protein supplement to opt for among various other regular protein supplements in the market because like no other it has got DigeZyme, which promotes healthy digestion. It helps to maximize gym performance, boost muscle gain and burn fat and suppress appetite. It is known to be 3 times more effective than regular whey supplements. It has a unique blend of 6 proteins to accelerate muscle protein synthesis in the body, it provides 3 times more muscle growth and recovery, it has high satiation properties so it curbs hunger cravings for longer periods.
It has a delicious chocolate flavor to break the monotony of bland diet food. Furthermore, this supplement is packed with an active ingredient, called the DigeZyme to prevent bloating, gas, stomach cramps and other digestive issues. The digestive enzymes present in the protein mix helps to smoothen the digestive process, as a result there is a striking increase in gym performance, stamina and vitality. 100% Tri-protein has 6 high-powered proteins which are absorbed in three phases.
Not only that, one serving of this supplement accounts for only 96 calories and provides up to 21 grams of protein. It is manufactured using 100% natural ingredients and is supported by scientific data and clinical research. It is a better choice than standard whey powders as regular whey powders can cause digestive problems and can even enable the body to store more fat. Tri-protein has more protein concentrates than regular whey and added digestion supporters, which induce lean muscle growth and at the same time prevents bloating and gas.
Other than having a long list of health benefits the company also provides several impressive benefits and perks on purchase of the product like a 60 days money back guarantee, free shipping facilities and huge multibuy savings.
Click Here to read complete Tri-Protein review, that is 100% free from animal proteins and is 100% suitable for Vegetarians.
Among all other so-called Best Protein Powders in the market, why does Tri-protein excel?
You will find several other supplements available in the market but Tri-protein in the best supplement to opt for because it has a natural protein blend of high protein quality ingredients, it contains DigeZyme which is a potent digestive enzyme and is supported by clinical research and scientific data to support digestive processes. 100% Tri-protein is superior in formula when compared to regular whey powders as it contains more protein concentrates at the same time, it does not cause problems to sensitive stomach and it also comes in a delicious chocolate flavor.
Furthermore, this amazing supplement has a unique 3 phase absorption process. After consulting with highly skilled nutritionists and dieticians from all over the world Crazy Nutrition has developed a supreme protein blend of 6 types of whey proteins which are absorbed at 3 different speeds.
- The first phase involves quick absorption, where whey protein isolate and whey protein hydrolysate are absorbed into the bloodstream of the body, these proteins supply amino acids constantly to repair torn muscle tissue,
- In the second phase whey protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate along with the blend of active digestive enzymes are absorbed into the bloodstream to fuel the muscles, this helps the amino acids to repair and rebuild the muscle tissues stronger and firmer than before, while simultaneously preventing gas and bloating.
- Finally in the last phase, the micellar casein and calcium caseinate helps to suppress the appetite and curb hunger and cravings. This keeps a check on the daily calorie intake and helps to lose weight without losing any muscle mass.
This 3-phase absorption process gets the blood rushing into the veins before a workout and helps the customers to achieve their desired cuts and bulks without feeling bloated.
100% Tri-Protein is proven to be 3 times more effective than standard whey powders. It promotes lean muscle growth and aids weight loss and contains an effective protein concentrate mix containing active digestive accelerators to aid digestion. It is made up of 6 high quality proteins which get absorbed into the body in 3 simultaneous phases, and it does not interrupt with the digestive processes and cause no bloating, gas and stomach cramps. It is a healthy yet tasty supplement, which comes in a delicious chocolate flavor. A consistent consumption of this supplement combined with a moderate to high intensity strength training can help customers achieve their desired body goals without causing any harm to the stomach and gut. Furthermore, the company also provides several remarkable perks and benefits to the customers on purchase of the product.
Your Body can now gain complete protein with the 100% Tri-Protein formula with Added Digestive enzymes, read complete review!
1. What foods contain a lot of protein?
- We can obtain a lot of protein from whole-foods, one such easily available source is the egg protein. Whole eggs have a very high protein content. Egg white protein is a pure protein source while whole eggs contain protein as well as fats. A medium sized whole egg has about 6 grams of protein and 78 calories.
- Another very popular source of protein is lean and red meat, one roasted chicken breast has only 284 calories and contains about 53 grams of protein.
- Lean beef or any other red meat source is known to contain mostly protein and some fats.
- Almond Milk, regular cow’s milk, and milk by-products are also rich in protein, calcium, vitamin and minerals. One glass of whole fat milk contains 8 grams of protein and 149 calories and; one cup of soy milk contains 6.3 grams of protein and only 105 calories (which is complete plant-based protein).
- Greek yogurt is a type of a milk by-product which provides 17 grams of protein per serving and has only 100 calories.
- Apart from animal sources, protein can also be obtained from plant-based products such as broccoli, Quinoa, lentils, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and brussels sprouts; these are easy to cook and munch on and are very low on calories.
- Whey protein supplements can also be a good protein source and can provide about 20-25 grams of protein per serving.
2. Things to be careful about when taking other protein powders.
Protein supplements can be very effective if bought carefully and used properly. One should be careful about certain things before buying and consuming protein supplements,
- It is necessary to check the labels for toxic trace ingredients, such as lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium. Though these toxin trace minerals are incapable of causing harm to the human body in single servings of the protein drinks, prolonged use can have harmful side-effects on the liver, heart and kidneys.
- Secondly, protein powders are not calorie-free, on the contrary they are very calorie dense. A protein supplement with a banana and low-fat milk contains about 335 calories, so it is possible to gain weight instead of muscle if strength training is not practised diligently.
- Protein powders can also have several health side-effects, they may cause digestive discomfort, fatigue and headaches. The Physicians Committee reported that half the people get twice the amount of protein required daily, to function smoothly. So too much protein in the diet can make people prone to kidney and liver diseases.
3. What should I do for better digestion of protein powders?
Drinking too much water slows down protein digestion, as protein breakdown requires an acidic environment and water is basic in nature so it can slow down the process. Moreover, the most important thing is to choose digestive enzymes that can accelerate the digestive process and maximize protein digestion.
Tri-protein contains digestive enzymes; the DigeZyme that prevents gas and bloating, and at the same time fastens the digestive processes. Choosing a supplement that contains active ingredients to ease digestion ensures optimum absorption and usage of protein by the body.
Lastly, to slow down the intestine transit time that is the time taken by the half-digested food or chyme to pass through the small intestine, you can add some essential add-ons to the whey protein like casein protein, oats, peanuts and almonds. It should be noted that higher intestine transit time is an indicator of an effective and good protein supplement.
4. Do females need to take protein supplements too?
Yes, women need to consume protein supplements too! Protein is an important macronutrient for all human beings. A protein deficiency in the body can lead to several health problems such as fatty liver, loss of muscle mass, greater risk of bone fractures and an increased severity of infections. Females need to consume a good quantity of protein on a daily basis to maintain all bodily functions.
Protein has an amazing property of satiation, which creates a feeling of fullness and helps in losing weight. Women too need to maintain lean muscles in their body to gain strength and feel strong. Protein supplements can be a good source of protein for women who can’t meet their daily protein goals through whole foods such as eggs, meat and milk. Consumption of protein is very essential for good muscle and bone strength.
Protein supplements are also known to reduce blood sugar and blood pressure in both men and women. Protein also has anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, ingesting protein is an essential for both men and women to ensure good health.
5. Can protein powder help with your weight-loss goals?
Powdered protein supplements are very handy if someone is looking forward to dropping some numbers on the weighing scale. Fuelling the body with enough protein can induce the metabolism, and suppress the appetite which in turn helps to lose the stubborn body fat without losing lean muscles. Protein powders are usually made up of one or more types of protein such as whey protein, casein protein, hemp protein, pea protein etc. All these proteins are extremely dense and act as appetite suppressants. Protein powders curb hunger, and increase the metabolism rate in the body. It promotes lean muscle growth and fat loss.
Several studies conducted have shown that men and women who added a protein shake to their diet reduced their weight 20% faster when compared to other protein sources, within a span of two months. Adding a protein powder can reduce the daily calorie intake, as it is a great alternative to solid foods and has properties of satiation. Furthermore, protein shakes are very easy to make and add to your diet, making weight loss very easy and quick.
6. What is the average daily protein intake needed for one person?
The daily protein intake varies from person to person and several other environmental and age factors. However, it is very important to choose good protein sources to meet daily goals. Protein is a very important nutrient to maintain a good bone-muscle health and to support a healthy metabolism. On an average:
- A baby needs about 10 grams of protein a day,
- School age kids require 19-34 grams of protein a day,
- Teenage boys need up to 52 grams of protein a day,
- Teen age girls need about 46 grams per day,
- Adult men need about 56 gram of protein per day and
- Lastly, adult women need to consume 46 grams of protein on a daily basis, and it increases to 71 grams per day if the woman is pregnant or breastfeeding.
A person is required to get at least 10%, and not exceed 35%, of the daily required calorie intake from protein. It is very important to meet daily protein goals for the proper functioning of the body and to ensure a disease-free life.
7. Is it healthy to drink protein supplements regularly?
While, there is a long list of health benefits one can derive from consuming protein powders. One question always remains unanswered, that is, if it is healthy to drink protein shakes daily. There are certain pros as well as some cons of gulping down protein shakes regularly.
Pros being, you can get ample amount of protein for the day, that is get all the 9 essential amino acids covered for the day, which is very hard to maintain through a plant or meat-based diet.
It will promote the growth of lean muscles. Athletes depend on protein shakes for a reason! Protein shakes help to maintain the fluid balance in the body, thus providing ample moisture to the muscles to grow.
Lastly, protein shakes have extreme satiation properties, so they act as an excellent meal replacement option. It contains less calories and inculcates a sense of fullness to curb hunger pangs, thus reducing the daily calorie intake and accelerating post-workout recovery.
On the other hand, a daily consumption of protein shakes can expose the body to toxins and heavy metals. Most protein supplements may contain heavy metals like lead, which is due to the way whey protein is grown and manufactured. Therefore, excess consumption of protein supplements can expose the body to increased levels of toxins, especially when one chooses the wrong protein supplement.
8. Is it better to drink protein powders only when working out?
It is a myth that one cannot consume protein powders on rest days. A protein shake is usually taken as a post-workout or a pre-workout. Protein supplements help to boost stamina and increase vitality before a workout session and protein shakes repair the torn muscle cells post a tedious workout session. These supplements usually contain active ingredients that support muscle building, to give that extra pump after a workout. Rest days are an integral part of a training plan, it gives the body the required time to rest and repair.
However, on rest days too, you require abundant sources of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to accelerate the recovery process. Not eating or getting enough proteins during rest days may hinder the recovery of muscles and adversely affect the overall athletic performance. Except for workout days, it is essential to take protein supplements even on rest days to ensure maximum muscle recovery. It ensures that you consume enough protein throughout the day, it is very easy to put in the diet and serves as a convenient snack option.
Furthermore, it helps you to constantly fuel your goals, as adding protein in your diet helps to lose fat and gain muscle faster.
9. Is there any right time to take protein supplements?
Protein is an essential macronutrient for building muscle mass. However, what time happens to be the best to take this supplement remains a controversial topic. Fitness enthusiasts and researchers recommend consuming a protein shake or supplement 15-60 minutes post your workout session. This period of time is known as an “anabolic window” and it is known to be the best period for absorption of various micro and macro-nutrients including protein. Although there are various arguments following this claim, recent research has found out that this Anabolic window is much longer than it was previously thought.
Consumption of sufficient protein and actively participating in resistance training is more important than the timing of taking the protein powder. Taking protein supplements consistently and evenly throughout the day helps to prevent muscle loss and aids weight loss. It is also advisable to take a slow digesting protein like casein before going to bed as it gives ample amount of time for muscles to recover. Protein intake plays a key role in improving athletic performance and muscle recovery.
10. Should you have a protein powder before or after your workout?
Protein plays a key role in building muscles in the body and supporting a good metabolism, many people prefer to consume protein shakes before a workout session while others prefer taking it post workout session. It depends from person to person, time of consumption of protein powder has no significant effect on athletic performance. So, it does not matter when you take your protein shake as long as you consume enough protein throughout the day.
Leave a Reply